Wednesday, October 17, 2012

DTC 355 Post 8 (or 9) Project 3 proposal

I think my literacy narrative will be about the visual mode, and more specifically how I learned to draw.From a young age I have always loved doodling and drawing cartoon characters. I have actually kept a lot of my old drawings, so I am thinking of making a video that sort of shows the evolution of my drawings, and maybe even animate them in flash or some other program, and have them literally evolving from like a fish coming out of the ocean and growing leg, then turning into a lizard and so and so, while I narrate and describe the stories I was trying to tell with my drawings. However the evolution sequence may not be the greatest idea, so another idea I have is putting my drawings into an animated story book, and show the progress from my early drawings to my later ones, and have the pages turn as I tell the story of each drawing, and maybe even weave them into an overarching story.

I am looking forward to hearing feedback!

2 comments:

  1. Will,
    I’m digging these ideas man. You are really going above and beyond. If it turns out the way you are visualizing them now, I'm sure it will turn out great. The idea about the telling a story while showing the drawing is very good. The only thing I can critique on is that maybe you can show to the audience what these drawings have taught you about being creative and an artist. Or maybe you can talk about what inspired you to draw these drawings. Other than that man, just go with it. It looks good, can’t wait to see it in the end.
    -Joey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you're trying to put your doodling into a flash program to make it an actual visual of some sort. Your evolution idea could actually be used but in a more figurative way with your evolution. Then you can have the story develop with your drawn self both in the visual aspect (stick figures to more of what you draw now) as well as your story of drawing.

    Just be sure to make it clear that at the end we know what doodling and pursuing doodling means to you. Or where you plan on going from where you leave off.

    But yes, go forth and conquer!

    - Julie Harrison

    ReplyDelete