Wednesday, September 26, 2012

DTC 355 Blog #5


1. What I liked about the sample webtexts, were how neat and professional they looked. I enjoyed how on the Dove project, the author put all of the webtexts at the top and bottom of the page. It framed the main content well and made it very easy to navigate through the text. I enjoyed how the author of the Life based web comics chose to make her project like a comic, I thought it definitely made things more exciting. However, the one thing I would have changed is maybe adding a page counter, or something to show how much further you had to go, because towards the end, there was quite a bit of text on each page, and it took all of my will power (haha "will power") to keep on reading. Maybe because when I am reading a real comic, if I don't find the joke after a few seconds, or I don't find it particularly entertaining, my brain gets bored. So maybe I was subconsciously expecting a joke to come up, but I wasn't getting there, so my brain got impatient and wanted to stop. Who knows. In any case I thought it was a very creative way to present the topic.

The third link however was broken so I did not get to see that one.

2. My original idea for my webtext was to put the two videos side by side, and then analyze difference aspects in columns and rows below them, looking for similarities and differences. Now I am thinking that wouldn't be the most visually pleasing way to present it. I am thinking of maybe having two rows of links at the top, on the left would be the democratic candidate links, and on the right the pages for the republican candidate. Then I would put a big "VS." in the middle, and maybe have a picture of mount rainier with American flags or something in the background. Then the actual content would come below that, with the video being towards the top of the page, and the description below it.

No comments:

Post a Comment